Monday, March 14, 2005

Latest Trend ... Marry Early

Suddenly i seem to be surrounded by people who want to take the ultimate plunge ... the ultimate union of souls blah etc etc . And the most intresting part is ... these people are my age ... not older ... same year borns and even younger.

1. Last week attended an old building friend's marrige ... guy is 23 ... Bakra no1 ... says he is all settled and the time is right ... What settled , what right ... is 23 old enuf to make a judjement or am i missing something ? Arranged marrige.
2. Another friend ... 24 ... getting married in july ... love marrige ... god bless ... calling me all the way to Hyd to attend . Arranged marrige.
3. 2 common friends, both 24 ... Got Married in Court ... didnt call me cause it was ala Vegas style ( dont ask me further details :-P ) ... Love marrige.
4. Attended 2 marriges already last yr ... both friends 24
Thus making 6 in all ( Holy **** )

Well all these ppl are not just everyday folks cause i dont surround my self with such friends ...
1 enterpreneur , 1 Market research proffesional , 1 international businness , 1 owns a freaking mall in mumbai .
So whats the whole psychology of this generation of getting married and settling early ... pressures of family , jobs , relatives , life in all ... makes me wonder how easy or hard such a decision is for people to take ... At work , decisions like a yes or no for a project takes days , even months at times after analyzing A to Z of it ... Decisions in Career take hell lot of thinking and future in mind ... But for such people , it seemed the ultimate decision is not that hard . They analysed the RISKS involved in probably the most important decision and also THE next big chapter in one's life with such ease at such an age which leads to me to questioning their thought process and decision taking ability . and seems oh so confusing and funny too
Well im not complaining ala Parties galore , dinners , old and new friends meeting up

SO when 1 of them asked me : Dude , when u getting married ?
ME : Girl , by the time i get married , at my wedding reception , u would have your husband holding Jr 1 and u holding Jr 2 :-)

I know one thing ... Dammm , This is making me feel Old at 24 :-(

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friend of mine celebrated her first wedding anniversary a few weeks ago. Another goes around showing pics of her one and a half year old baby.And they're both 20.

I'm probably thinking, "Where shall I have lunch?", or "Damn! I have another deadline to meet," and these people are thinking, "Ok, I need to go back home asap to cook and clean." or maybe "I forgot to tell mum-in-law about..."

Weird...

March 14, 2005 1:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-{
Trapped at 26! Converting marital status in Nov.
Ur post brings me cheer though...I am not alone ;-)

March 14, 2005 11:15 PM  
Blogger V said...

Er.. marriage no.2 .. was it arranged or um. love ? Coz u've said both :-P

March 15, 2005 10:23 PM  
Blogger Lady Z said...

3 pals of mine have 2 kids already!Many of the remn are getting married this year.

Boy,am glad,am still single with none to answer/ask :D.Feels like bliss.Life with no strings attached.

Ps:- Vishy,u take ur DI skills too seriously man :P.It's love between the couple resulting in an arranged marriage by the family ;).

March 16, 2005 12:31 AM  
Blogger Puneet said...

Vish , all i can say uve a lot to learn ;-)

Prasunc , nice going dude , welcome to the club:-)

Ranjitha , Some people have different ways to live a life :-)

March 16, 2005 12:54 AM  
Blogger DJK said...

Speaking of marriages. . Almost all the men I were dating are either engaged or married now. Even the the guy I am kinda seeing at the moment, is getting proposals. SOOOOOOOO depressing. I'll be the last one standing (or almost standing at 75 ;) ), I think. .

March 16, 2005 4:55 PM  
Blogger V said...

@ Z, puny : k, i have a lot to learn :mg: gimme a case study or two ;)

March 16, 2005 11:33 PM  
Blogger Puneet said...

@DJ , good luck . i know the dating scene is kinda sad nowdays.

@Vish , i mean thats something you cant learn in a classroom ;-)

March 16, 2005 11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too many people are getting married too early. A friend of mine, married at age 21, and 4 years later, he's been having an affair for over a year...In my opinion, you can't possibly know who you want to spend the rest of your life with at such a young age. You haven't even really had a chance to be an adult. Personally, I feel sorry for those friends that do marry early...it's doomed from the start.

October 24, 2005 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home